NameMary TILL
Birthabt 1791, Whitegreave, Staffordshire
Death6 Aug 1858, Eccleshall, Staffordshire
BurialEccleshall, Staffordshire
Spouses
1Addison DEAKIN , GGGG Uncle
Birth27 Feb 1782, Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Death6 Sep 1851
BurialEccleshall, Staffordshire
FatherRobert DEAKIN (1742-1821)
MotherSarah ADDISON (1744-1833)
Marriage1 Sep 1835, Eccleshall, Staffordshire
No Children
Notes for Mary TILL
Marriage index Addison Deakin and Mary Till, September 1, 1835, Eccleshall, Staffordshire.

National Probate Calendar
24 November 1858. The Will of Mary Deakin late of Eccleshall in the County of Stafford Widow deceased who died 6 August 1858 at Eccleshall aforesaid was proved at Lichfield by the Oaths of John Till of Gnosall in the said County Clerk Thomas Kinnersley of Eccleshall aforesaid Maltster and William Kinnersley of the City of Bristol Grocer the Nephews and Executors. Effects under 2000 pounds.
Notes for Addison (Spouse 1)
From Pedigree of the Deakin Family, October 1859
[With details of later family members added afterwards]
In the possession of Alice Gertrude Deakin (1862 to 1946) to her grand nephew Arthur Keelinge Deakin (1917 to 1944) to his father Guy Barton Deakin (1882 to 1973) to his daughter Isabella Vera Deakin (1913 to 2005) to David Cooper.
Addison Deakin
Born 27th February, 1782
Died 6th of September (S.P.) 1851 and buried at Eccleshall 13th September 1851
Wives
Mary Jackson
Mary Burgess
Mary Till

Will available from National Archives DocumentsOnLine

England and Wales Marriages
Addison Deakin and Mary Jackson married February 24, 1820, Adbaston, Staffordshire.

England and Wales Marriages
Addison Deakin and Mary Burgess married December 11, 1828, Eccleshall, Staffordshire.

1832 Poll Books
Addision Deakin, Eccleshall
Isaiah Deakin Walk Mill

From the 1834 History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire
Eccleshall Directory
Deakin, Addison, gent. Church St.

England and Wales Marriages
Addison Deakin and Mary Till married September 1, 1835, Eccleshall, Staffordshire.

In the Pigot’s Directory Staffordshire 1835
Eccleshall
Nobility, Gentry and Clergy
Thomas Deakin, esquire, Adbaston
Maltsters
Addison Deakin, Church Street
Millers
Isaiah Deakin, Walk Mill

In the 1841 census Church Street, Eccleshall. A. Deakin, age 55, Ind.
Mary Deakin, age 50.
2 servants

In 1851 census Eccleshall parish, Stone registration district.
Addison Deakin age 69, born Eccleshall, a landed proprietor living on Church Street, Eccleshall, with
wife Mary Deakin age 60 born Whitegreave? Stafford and 3 servants.

Death listed in 1851 index July to September, Addison Deakin, volume XVII, page 130, Stone district, Staffordshire.

of Eccleshall, Staffordshire, England2 owned Fair Oak Farms

From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851
Broughton, a small village and chapelry, five miles NW by W of Eccleshall, is in the western or Woodland Quarter of the parish, so called from its proximity to the Bishop's Woods, and the ancient forest of Blore. This quarter includes the hamlets of Gerard's Bromley, the property of HC Meynell Ingram, Esq., six miles NW; Charnes, four and a half miles NW; Croxton, a large village on a steep declivity, three and a half miles NW; Podmore, on an eminence, six miles NW; Sugnall Magna & Parva, two and a half miles NW; and Three Farms, from one to two miles N of Eccleshall. In the latter township are the farms of Ankerton, Badon Hall, Brockton, and Hill Farm, belonging to W Moore, Esq., Mr John Wood, and other proprietors. The eight townships of Woodland Quarter comprise 8120 acres and 1340 souls. Broughton Hall, a fine mansion of the Elizabethan age, is the seat of the Rev Sir Henry Delves Broughton, Bart, who is lord of the manor. In Croxton, the bishop has 500 acres of wood, and the Golden Hill Farm, but Blore Pike and the White Farms belong to Earl Cornwallis, son of a late bishop of Lichfield, and the Fair Oak Farms to Addison Deakin, Esq. Sugnall Hall, a neat stone mansion, is the seat of Richard Hodges, Esq., and was formerly the seat of the Pershall family.

see Fairoak Barns at http://fairoakbarns.co.uk/index.asp
Last Modified 3 Feb 2013Created 4 Aug 2017 using Reunion 10 for Macintosh